Service & tips

Entering the USA

To enter the USA, foreign nationals need a passport and valid visa issued by a U.S. Consular Official, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program.

You cannot enter the USA on any other personal identity document. You must make sure your passport is valid up to and including your departure date.

Other travel and security information can be obtained from the German Federal Foreign Office (in German)

Travel first aid kit

A travel first aid kit and what should be in it depends on the destination, the duration and the type of trip .

Travel warnings

You can find out the latest travel warnings on the website of the Federal Foreign Office (in German).